jump to current - stop reading old messages and sync to the most recent
Could we have a way to tell SpeechChat to jump to the top of the message queue?

I have mine set to greet users (I'm the only one that hears it, but I like to know when people come in).  From time to time I get hosted by larger streamers and it can take quite a while for it to catch up when it needs to greet several hundred new users.

What  I would like is to be able to hit a key (since I'm in VR interacting with the web ui is challenging) and have it stop reading old messages/greetings and jump to the top.
You can set a hotkey to "Enable speech". If you press the hotkey twice to disable and re-enable the speech, it will stop reading all the old messages/greetings.
However, the hotkey only works when the browser has keyboard focus, that means it only works if the browser is the top most window.
That sounds promising!

I’m using VoiceAttack for other things on the system and it has the ability to send keystrokes to specific applications. I think I can have it use the hotkey and have it focus the browser.

Will experiment and report back. Thank you.
YES, this works well.  Thanks!

Voice Attack does indeed let me specify the target application for the hotkey so it works well and integrates with the other software I'm already using.
Is there anything that shows on the speech chat UI whether speech is enabled?

I do see the checkbox in the options, but would like to be able to know at a glance whether speech is enabled currently or not.
Your ideas are very much appreciated! The ideas and suggestions of innovative, thinking people are always welcome.
Maybe something in the lower right corner where it shows the other status icons to show whether speech is currently enabled?
[Image: 3E6wD4y.png]

But actually, since I'm in VR most of the time it would be really good to have a sound effect or speech triggered when it turns back on so I can hear the confirmation that its enabled again.
Thanks for your dedication. Your ideas are always welcome.