The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.4-1+0~20180405085552.20+jessie~1.gbpbff9f0 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Can't capture SpeechChat output on Mac
I wanted to use SpeechChat to speak chat contents, but to capture it in Audio Hijack and redirect it to my headphones only.

However, for either Chrome or Safari, SpeechChat doesn't produce sound from the browser in a way that Audio Hijack can hear. It seems like SpeechChat is using a separate output path than typical noise-producing browser contents like YouTube, but I cannot figure out what or how to access it. It's not spinning up TTS processes or anything that I can see... but it does make noise on the system output.

For presumably the same reason, Chrome extensions that try to change the output device to something else don't work for SpeechChat either.

What can I do to capture the SpeechChat contents? I'm happy to use another browser.

P.S. Audio Hijack can capture the system output and, in turn, the SpeechChat sound, but for my purposes this doesn't work for me, because I am also capturing iTunes output separately... so I need a solution to capture and direct SpeechChat's sound.

Messages In This Thread
Can't capture SpeechChat output on Mac - by SuitCase - 08-10-2019, 05:40 PM