SpeechChat Forums

Full Version: The word "I" is pronounced as "one"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I ask a question about myself, like "Am I John Sernile" the computer voices "Am One John Senile?".   Other users typing it also get the same results. 

You have tro type "am eye john Senile?" like that short dude from Minneapolis with no sense of humor in order to get my voice to say "Am I John Senile?"

That's a pretty big mistake to get wrong.

I think the reason for your mistake is that it's reading Roman numerals as Arabic ones.   I is WAY more commonly used as the first person subject than as a Roman Numeral for 1.
That's the issue of Google voice. I think the Google Chrome Help Community may be the right place to post this kind of issue.
I'm not sure if it's a Google Voice issue.

I'm using Safari.

And when other people were typing in " Am I John Senile?" , my Victoria voice said "Am one John Senile?".

There should be better testing of voices speaking "Eye" vs "one" when typing "I".

Other people typing that phrase got the exact same speech.

That is a very gross error to have.

I think "eye" is used way more often than "one" for "I"  Why it defaults to "one", I Have no Idea, or Eye Have no idea, but not One have no idea.
This issue has been going on since November?

I thought Google Voice was a VOIP service, not a speech synthesis feature.

I tried it with speechchat on Safari, so it's not a Google issue.  It's a Speechchat issue, unless it's a Safari issue.
Just tried it on my Android phone typing in "Am I John Senile"

The Android voice does correctly say it as I and mot as one.

Because I'm using Safari on Mac OS X it's probably an apple issue. I'll call them right now.